53rd Japan Record Award winners
On Saturday, most of the winners for the 53rd Japan Record Awards were announced. The two top awards still remain to be announced during the actual awards show, which will be broadcast live on TBS on December 30.
As usual, there are 10 Best Song winners, and one of them will be chosen to receive the grand prize (the Japan Record Award). EXILE won the award for the last three years in a row, but this year they are not in the running.
There are also four New Artist winners, one of which will receive the Best New Artist award.
- Nishino Kana – Esperanza
- KARA – GO GO Summer!
- AAA – CALL
- JUJU – Kono Yoru wo Tomete yo
- Mizumori Kaori – Shounai Heiya Kaze no Naka
- Hikawa Kiyoshi – Jounetsu no Mariachi
- FUNKY MONKEY BABYS – Soredemo Shinjiteru
- AKB48 – Flying Get
- Tohoshinki – Why? (Keep Your Head Down)
- Ikimono Gakari – Warattetainda
- Sekiguchi Yuki – Sugao ~Aisubeki Onnatachi~
- Suzuki Masayuki – DISCOVER JAPAN
- Hosono Haruomi – HoSoNoVa
- Kuwata Keisuke – MUSICMAN
- Sano Ami – Akiramenaide (Teichiku Entertainment)
- Yuki Saori & Pink Martini – 1969 (EMI Music Japan)
- Itsuki Hiroshi – Sandai Sakushika Tribute Album ~Ishimoto Miyuki, Hoshino Tetsuro, Yoshioka Osamu ni Sasagu~ (Fives Entertainment
- Misora Hibari – Hibari Senya Ichiya (Nippon Columbia)
- Revive, Kono Hana ga Saitara ~Inochi no Tane~ – Erika (Universal Music)
Special Achievement Award
Japan Composer’s Association (JACOMPA) Encouragement Award
Public Music Culture Award